Friday 15 January 2016

Train Track Tree

Iv been on a mission lately to get the house looking how i want it, I'm always scouring through pintrest for ideas,
I came across this amazing idea of putting a train track in the shape of a tree on the wall. As soon as i saw it i knew it would be perfect in our playroom/dining room.
We have a huge box full of tracks that the boys don't even touch and the more i thought about the more ideas keep popping up in my head so i set bout getting the tracks out and assembling my tree.
Firstly i started out with figuring out how big i wanted it so began putting it together on my table, once i was happy with the look of it i made a start transferring it to the wall. As i wasn't able to glue it being in a rental i used blue tac which works amazing!!!


So i had the basic skeleton now to decorate. I had a bunch of chipboard letters so i decided to cover them in paper and add them to the tree.




But something was missing so i added leaves.


I love the finished look and now the kids have something to decorate through out the seasons, I cant wait to see all the things we can create.

No comments:

Post a Comment