Thursday 25 February 2016

My Health Journey

So like many people iv gone back and forth on different diets and signed up many times to the gym but never really stuck to anything for that long, id never really been that bothered about my weight just wanted to stay healthy but then the holidays came around and I lost track of everything I was putting into my mouth. I hadn't noticed at first until I started to feel tired and ill and had no energy, I just felt gross!! 


Then I caught sight of a picture of me at my father in laws birthday party and I nearly cried. I felt huge. I noticed the double chin, the thicker thighs and flabby belly and I hated it. I needed to do something about it, even though people around me were telling me it wasn't that bad I just couldn't help but feel the way I felt. you have to feel good in yourself to have confidence and this was something I was totally lacking it was getting that bad I was barely leaving the house most weekdays other than to take James to school.

So i sat down and thought about what i wanted and what i could realisticly do. I started researching clean healthy meals (Pintrest is my best friend), i was watching You Tube channels such as Kerry Dyer, Anna Saccone and Claire from The Witt Family and following inspirational Instagram accounts. 

I already knew that loosing weight and getting healthy was 80% healthy eating and 20% exercise so once id started changing my diet i knew it was time to start looking into working out. this was when i found the holy grail of You Tubers. her name is Lucy from lwr fitness and her workouts are amazing, she's created workouts based on high intense moves and mixes them with toning moves and I kid you not they are amazing. so as of the start on February i have been following her monthly HITT program and I love it so much, the more you do each video the stronger you get and I can already see a slight change. 
So this is how iv started my journey and am so looking forward to seeing where it takes me!

I'd love to hear any tips and tricks you have on getting fit and healthy

No comments:

Post a Comment